FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How strict is the 120 minute checkin at HKG Skypier from ferry arrival
Old Jun 10, 2012, 12:36 am
highflier86

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Avis Firstc
Originally Posted by 2cardinalalums
https://www.hongkongairport.com/eng/...prd-ports.html

it says "Arrive at SkyPier 120 minutes before scheduled flight departure time for check-in."

I've taken the ferry to HKG from China several times, but have always made sure I observed the 120 minute cutoff carefully.

My question is how strict is that? I am planing to take a ferry from Macau to HKG. The earliest possible ferry is 7:30am, which is scheduled to arrive HKG Skypier at 8:20am. My flight (United) will leave at 10:15am.
1) Will the Macau ferry terminal allow me to purchase the ticket?
2) If yes to #1, could I potentially be denied check-in for my United flight at the skypier?
Probably the info below is not helpful anymore, but I was in the same situation yesterday. Had a 9.35 PM flight, and decided to take the 6.30 ferry to the airport. (Turbojet allows you to buy tickets for ferry's 3 hours or more before the flight time, but ofcourse that does not take into account delays etc.). Ferry left at 6.40, and by I was out of the ferry by 7.40. Although technically this was after the 2 hour check in deadline by atleast 5 minutes, it did not matter. There were many people out there and the airline staff did not care. In short, the 2 hour deadline is not very strict, but I wouldnt want to reach the airport less than 1.30 hr to flight time.