FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expensive flights 6/25 - 6/29 through CLT - Any events going on?
Old Jun 9, 2012, 6:55 pm
Biggie Fries

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by longnguk
I noticed the same thing when trying to book for my trip from PHX and connecting via CLT last week. Normally it was around $500 but for the week June 24-28 it was over $1000! It was rather unusual especially, most flights showed plenty of empty seats. Well, Delta won the business in this case!
Originally Posted by CNMAZ
The US Airways website has been having issues with their pricing since last night. Most routes have doubled/tripled in price out of PHX. There has been a variety of routes that I have been monitoring for the last couple of weeks, and all of them went up. I called the Chairman's desk this morning and they said that they have been having computer problems but he did not confirm the problem was with their pricing.
Originally Posted by scholity
Have had the same issue since Friday (6/8) when attempting to price cxns via PHX from ORD to several different destinations for upcoming travel. Fares are 2-3 times normal, and most are pricing at discounted First rather than Coach. At first I thought it was an inventory issue, but same itins 1-2 months out priced exactly the same. Then I thought it was route, but when I priced out of MKE, same issue. Called US Air this morning, tried to explain issue. Was on hold while they spoke to 'fare experts'. Message back was that they have "withdrawn" most of their discounted fare classes (!?!). In all markets?

More likely is the fact that there is a pricing engine glitch and discounted fare classes are just not 'available' to the pricing engine. In any event this is most frustrating for I also will need to book on alternate carriers (the discounted coach fare classes only seem to be available on US codeshare on UA metal).
Hey, hey ... what's the big deal here? It's just a little technical glitch. You know, a computer, or an internet thing. It's not like US is in the business of selling, say, ... airline tickets.

I mean, ... good grief.