FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Process to create top UA FF concerns
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2012, 9:43 am
mrydoc

Programs: UA silver (soft landing from 1K), AA plat, HHonors gold, Ambassador club, DC
Originally Posted by rosesplus
The problem as I see it is that every level of UA flyers mostly wants to see different changes to the system.Perhaps we need some form of weighted poll to assist us in defining the changes we want to see. Whilst the Silvers may be more interested in gaining immediate E + access a GS has more of an interest in changing other areas of the new program.
If we were to poll for the changes perhaps a GS should carry say 3 times the weighting of say a 1K's concerns and perhaps 10 times the weighting of a Silver. If just poll on numbers with out looking at the level of the flyer I would imagine we will end up with a list of concerns that are weighted towards what a Silver wants as opposed to a GS simply because there are so many more Silvers in the system.
+1

Although there are are a lot more 1k's who are active on FT and post in the UA section. A poll on FT will likely be naturally weighted towards the higher elites I thhink. As a Premier Gold I mostly read what the more experienced folks are writing and participate less so as not to look too foolish.

The level of the elite flyer makes a big difference in what one likes or dislikes about the new United. I think the silvers got screwed the most by losing E+ at booking, since this is a huge perk for that level. As a lower level elite, I liked the idea of lower cost (not TOD's though) F upgrades (as long as they are offered to elites and not just GM's/kettles), since I almost never get CPU's. This year I will be 1K, so my level of "entitlement" will change, and I won't like this any more as I will have to pay for something I could have gotten for free.