FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - short layover in PHX?
View Single Post
Old Jun 9, 2012, 8:10 am
aztimm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Point me to an existing thread if there is one, but couldn't find one.
The guide to PHX, located in the sticky at the top of the forum has tons of info on this:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...x-airport.html

Originally Posted by gobluetwo
I'm thinking of booking ORD-PHX-SLC / SLC-PHX-ORD, but there are short layovers in PHX both ways - 68 and 60 minutes, respectively.

Never having been to PHX, is this a realistic connection time? Usual caveats concerning weather, irrops, etc, but assuming things run reasonably on time, should I be ok here? How far a walk is it from the first A pier (gates 17-30) to the B pier? Looking at the PHX map, doesn't look too bad. Certainly doesn't look ridiculous like IAH, MSP, or ORD C to T2

May even get a quick trip to the lounge if I hustle? Thanks.

Also - why via PHX on US? Could use the extra miles - slow travel quarter - and also 40% lower fare than the non-stops and connections on UA, DL and AA.
As the others said, I think these are quite workable connections, so long as your incoming flights are on time. If they are delayed, or you have to wait for a gate, you may have to really move to make them.

Just a question though--you list that you're UA preferred. Why not just take ORD-SLC nonstop on UA?