FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Prefered seats out of control
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2012, 10:06 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I think it's a given that airlines are already squeezing money out of non-status flyers for "options" like adjacent seats.

The only thing that puzzles me about your post is why YOU are having trouble getting adjacent seats for you family without paying extra. Your profile says "DL Diamond" Isn't the whole coach cabin available for seat assignment at the time of booking (all on the same PNR)? To maximize, your first class upgrade chances, you can split the PNR later. My understanding that splitting the PNR after initial booking leave the original seat assignment intact. (Unless there is a flight change, which is why the PNR should not be split far in advance.)

Yeah, I can see non-status flyers having trouble with seat assignments, but a Diamond's family?
Maybe the tickets must be on different PNRs from the beginning because all but the elite have award tickets or the elite's ticket is for business travel and must be booked through the corporate travel office or website.