FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Process to create top UA FF concerns
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2012, 9:47 pm
RedHeadFlyer

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
my reasoning for not to include is it will take us awhile to get to consensus and it would make little sense to raise an issue that might have been fixed by the time we reach consensus. Additionally UA has an easy answer/out (if we get a response at all), "we're working on it - end of discussion." It would undermine the process to include "problem issues", IMHO.

The seat/IFE issue on sCO is a problem but believe there have been responses to that already. The PS fleet is to be reconfiged later this year and the sUA 777s are slowly be reconfiged (3/4 done).
Agree these are significant problems, and may deserve a separate list -- but I'm still of the opinion we should separate problems and policies. Let's see what others have to say.
You do make sense. If we do restrict the topics to policies, let's be sure that we understand where they fit in the context of other problems. If policy issue #1 is below problem issue #10 in FT pain points, we're doing a disservice calling the policy fix we want issue #1. Personally, that's closer to where I am, the only policy thing listed so far getting near my problem pains is the "TOD reform" and I've heard a good portion of that claimed as problem.

United getting its fleet consistent vs. FT coming to a consensus, which is more likely to come first, now that's a head scratcher.