FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very detailed exit row briefing
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2012, 8:16 pm
kwl747

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by Duckouttahere
I have noticed the F/A's on Delta have become more specific. They said we had to help those off the slides but nothing about staying on board and be the last person off the plane. They did mention on the MD-82 that it is Delta's policy to pull the door off and rest it in the exit row seat. I guess they are worried about people tossing out the door and damaging it during a minor evacuation.

I've also experienced that they want the window shades up during takeoff and landing. That makes sense in order to check for flames.

Part of me wishes you could take a class on the subject and get certified where only certified people can sit in an exit row.
It's almost a burden to sit in an exit row on DL. First when boarding the machine beeps when the boarding pass is scanned and the agent asks if you are aware and accept the responsibility of being in an exit row seat. Then you sit down and for some reason the FA's can't coordinate so you get briefing's from usually 3 or 4 different ones. When the boarding door closes the FA's return to remind you that in an exit row all belongings must be completely under the seat infront. Honestly, my last flight with DL I got 6 different DL employees making sure I understood and was okay with sitting in an exit row.

On AS its MUCH better, but a recent flight the FA must have been on there first 737NG flight because he thought it important to talk about the design and operational changes from the exit door in the classics.