FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Process to create top UA FF concerns
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2012, 7:14 pm
RedHeadFlyer

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
I think there needs to be a distinction between changes and things not yet working (such as upgrades, boarding process,…).
While it does makes sense to not waste effort trying to influence a policy change that United already agrees with us on, when there's no timeline to fixing the things not working, those things still need to be on a list. For some of these, someone will decide it's easier to make it policy rather than fix. When I'm not getting the right priority on a misconnect, I don't care whether it's policy, lack of training, or a buggy system, I just want it working. Some of the most frustrating things (especially around upgrades) are "stealth policies". When pushed, it's a broken system, don't blame us. But if there were a policy to make it better, it would get better. That make is a policy topic.

For example, when on a "direct" flight, you can't select a seat on the second segment or get equal upgrade processing, and after 2 hours on the phone your reservation got so messed up, you don't dare try to work against the system for that again, if it's on the "won't fix" list, they've made it a policy to offer that level of service.

Another example is the inconsistency in hard product. Tuesday on a SFO-BOS on a new 737-900 plane with nothing. Earlier this year, my JFK-SFO in C became non-PS. SFO-LHR 777s. Is that a transitory issue they are trying to fix, not worth pushing for a better plan on? New planes came in bare configs making things worse. If it's not fixed until 2015, and by that time they'll be a new set of improvements and planes working their way through the system that won't be consistent until 2018, and by that time... That's a policy to worry some, but not too much about an inconsistent product.