FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Process to create top UA FF concerns
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2012, 6:25 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Process to create top UA FF concerns

Based on other discussions, let’s see if there is any consensus on change we really would like to see as a community. Let’s start a process to eventually poll the community to see if there is any consensus to work with.

Below is a list of changes (or in some cases a continuation of one subsidiary’s policy but a change for the other) that could be in the poll. Initially please provide suggestions to added to the poll, I will update post #1 as suggestions are added. Once the list as stabilize, I will work with the mods to create a formal polling thread. While there likely being many items to poll on, it may take a couple of passes at the polling to get top 2 or 3.

I think there needs to be a distinction between changes and things not yet working (such as upgrades, boarding process,…). Let’s focus on the policy changes and hope for the best UA will eventually those other things working at some point. I would also respectfully suggest we don't flog the SHARES issue, we should focus on policies, not internal tools.

Potential polling list:
- Silver losing E+ access at booking
- Restore Silver bag allowance (2x50) (or better)
- Reduction in RDM bonus for Plat (75%) and Gold (50%)
- Reduction in MM benefits (Annual regionals/GPU, RDM bonus, Lifetime UC for 2MM, …) we can narrow down this into sub-pieces if need be later)
- Boarding Process (no dedicated line for Gold & higher)
- Four non-fare limited GPUs replaced with six fare limited GPUs (or better yet go for six non-fare restricted)
- GPUs posting at earning vs end of the year (or better yet post at earning and expire at end of elite year)
- Loss of FlexEQMs for higher than Plat status
- Change in method for meal choice priority (front to back except GS vs Stars approach based on status/paid)
- Change in regional earning (2/qtr to 2 @75K+2 more per 25K)
- Return to e500s vs CPU
- Publish / fix CPU priority & TOD "reform" see post #12
- Empowered elite phone agents (able to act without supervisor involvement)
- ???
- No issue is worth pursuing.

I am sure some really important issues are missing, please make suggestions.

Understand as a diverse community it may be too difficult to come to a consensus, but it seems like it might be worth a try to make an attempt.
One thought is to sub-divide into elite levels or other sub-classification.

For a list of many of the changes, see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-ua-vs-co.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 13, 2012 at 9:00 pm Reason: additions thru post #44