FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Prefered seats out of control
View Single Post
Old Jun 8, 2012, 3:05 pm
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ag30075
Well, I had the pleasure of sitting by the lavatory with my kids once - when I asked a GA for help - so not my solution anymore. And it's not fun at all - smells bad, noisy and bumpy. Me and my kids have traveled with Airtran and Frontier and their formula seems to work better than this gambling with Delta - they ask upfront to pay for the seats if the passenger wants specific seats - and yes I have paid to be in a window towards the front of the plane with my son next to me in both Airtran and Frontier.
With Delta - is there any way to know - at time of booking - that you can fly in a window seat and a middle (together) towards the front of the plane? if there is a way I would love to know even if it involves money - and no I will not fly more often (hate to fly but love vacations) to get status.
Some clarity upfront is desirable - traveling with kids is stressful - airports, airlines and airplanes are simply not kid friendly (I should say they are very unfriendly/hostile places to everyone these days, unfortunately). Knowing at booking were you will seat is important to me - and as I read in the post to most travelers.
PS I love this forum - tons of great tips and advice!
When you search for flights on delta.dumb, you can click on the words "view seats" to see maps of available seats at any time during the purchase process. You can also cancel tickets by midnight of the next day if you don't like the seats that you are able to pick.