FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Million Miler Sues United [Judgment for UA Jan 2014] Judgment Affirmed Dec 2014
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:32 pm
Fredd

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by gradsflyer
You definitely seem convinced of the worst with respect to gold/PE and I don't necessarily blame you considering UA's recent actions and behavior, but as I said (which you are welcome to disagree with), naming a status gold comes with a certain amount of gurantee in terms of benefits such as lounge access with respect to *A. Even as a founding member with more influence, UA has to maintain some level of integrity within the alliance to remain a member. Yes I'm a lowly silver (gold by year's end) compared to you at 1k, but having flown within *A for several years I can say pretty confidently that *G status could only be diluted so much before some amount of backlash, and the 50k tier is mostly standard for this status network wide.
So you think there would be backlash. There's backlash right now from MMs, including a just-filed class action suit. Do you think the next backlash will work better than this backlash?

Again, I point out that UA's website states only that "Million Milers enjoy generous annual benefits and lifetime Premier® status." No particular metal is now part of their "promise."

AC, to cite another example, has recently made changes.

There are a lot more metals in the world than Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Again, I'm in the camp believing UA can pretty well do whatever it wants moving forward. The exception, morally and still-to-be-decided legally, is in regard to previously promised lifetime benefits.

Originally Posted by azepine00
As for MM topic - I bet almost all these complainers get more upgrades now with UDU than they ever had with 2 annual CR1s. Perhaps UA should give CR1s back but permanently remove them from UDU lists if they insist the past was better.
I'll take my standard UDU over 2 CR1s any day. YMMV.
I take it you haven't been looking at the lengths of the UG lists on the screens recently. Your chances may be good if you're 1K (as Mrs. Fredd and I are at this point), but as for lowly Premier Golds...