FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US Air first class? or AA's 737 business class
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:01 am
nethak

Programs: nowadays: dl pm, formerly: hp plat/us cp/aa exp, nw plat
Originally Posted by SFO777
Does US even serve a meal on SJU-PHL?
Originally Posted by BillBauman
Just to be clear, the US Air flight is only labeled "Envoy" since it's coming from Puerto Rico. It isn't actually their Envoy (lie-flight) service.
1. Yes, meals are served up front on PHL-SJU/SJU-PHL flights. As an example, there is/was a 2:45PM SJU departure that serves Lunch so it doesn't have to be that close to a traditional "mealtime" to get service. You can do a sample booking online to see for your specific flight.

2. US Airways schedules the International 757-200 and sometimes the A330 on this route. You get international (Envoy) seating (160 or 170 degrees on the 757, lie flat on the A330) but domestic F-level service on these flights. Having flown on AA "business" tickets to the Caribbean, I'd avoid the AA 737-800 as long as you could secure seats on a US flight with Envoy seating (again, only the 757/A330). In my limited experience, you likely won't have IFE on these flights if that means anything to you but if you're like me, it's all about the seat. Fares seem to be the same for all these flights (regardless of aircraft) so the only caveat is that you won't get any sympathy from US for putting you on an A319/320/321 last minute due to IRROPS/unscheduled aircraft substitutions.

Last edited by nethak; Jun 7, 2012 at 5:08 am