FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Minimum Connection Transfer Time at Atlanta (ATL): The Definitive Thread
Old Jun 6, 2012, 3:16 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by travelbuggie
Hi! I need some guidance since I have never flown through ATL and have not flown DL for a long time. Since my Skymiles are expiring, I decided to use it for a DL award ticket from ORD-EYW via ATL this Thanksgiving holiday. I only have a 53 minute layover in ATL and was wondering if that would be sufficient? Do DL domestic flights usually leave out of the same terminal and concourse? Are weather delays common in ATL during Thanksgiving? Any info appreciated. Thanks in advance!
If it's the last flight of the day I'd be worried, if there are more, I don't think it should be too bad. Also, as your trip isn't until Thanksgiving there are bound to be schedule changes which may increase your connection. Regardless, you may be able to call DL and switch flights around if a change happens.