FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Review: Radisson Blu Dublin Airport
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2012, 12:45 pm
Froggitt

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Review: Radisson Blu Dublin Airport

Also posted on TA.........

Stayed four nights. Not in the same class as the Dublin Crowne Plaza. Also expensive for what it is.

Room - carpet was stained, as was the handtowel. Sealant round the bath was stained yellow, as was the grout, and there was something black going on around the bath panel. Sink took around five minutes to empty - presumably years of shaving and soap congealed down there.

Lift was dangerous, as the panel was hanging off all week, and the buttons for 4 and 5 were hanging off and the circuit board/electrical wires were exposed. That lift woulldnt work therefore on some days, but as the other lift thought it was still operable, meant a ten minute wait for the other lift to be brought down by someone on a high floor.

Breakfast - in thirty five years or so, Ive never managed to make scrambled egg that sits in a pool of dirty yellow water. Is this powdered egg reconstituted with water, pre-cooked scrambled egg microwaved, or what? One day there was no juice glasses, another day there was no plates, another day there was no forks on the cheese/cold meat/smoked fish plates. I was also waiting at the entrance for five minutes, being ignored by everyone, when I am well capable of seating myself. One day they gave me someone elses table, so I took someone elses, who took someone elses......dis-organised chaos ensued.

Bar food was fine in the evenings.

Reception - for some unfathomable reason, you needed to queue up with the 27 people checking out to order a taxi!!! Bizarre. Walk to the road instead, and one will arrive in 10 seconds or so, as its right by the taxi holding pen for the airport.

Summary - poorly maintained hotel in need of a total makeover, and staff in need of proper management.