FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA to extend match status given EXP to UA 1Ks for flying 55K
Old Jun 6, 2012, 11:35 am
BillBauman

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Extend Your Elite Status E-Mail

I thought this might be of interest. I just received this e-mail from AAdvantage. It seems as though they are keen on maintaining the status-matched EXP's. I'm assuming this is going to status-matched folks, but maybe others can confirm/deny that.
Dear BillBauman,

We hope you are enjoying the exclusive benefits of your AAdvantage Executive PlatinumŽ status, including unlimited complimentary upgrades, access to Main Cabin Extra and Preferred seating, PriorityAAccessSM privileges, and more.

I'm delighted to tell you about a special offer to extend your AAdvantage Executive Platinum status for another year.

Earn 55,000 elite-qualifying miles or points between April 24, 2012, and December 31, 2012, and extend your AAdvantage Executive Platinum status through February 28, 2014.1

It is not necessary to register for this promotion. You have been pre-enrolled for this offer.

Plus, we know that staying connected while you travel is important, so I am pleased to let you know that we will offer Wi-Fi service on the majority of our domestic fleet by the end of summer, with more aircraft being added each month. For more information about Inflight Wi-Fi onboard American Airlines, please visit AA.com/wifi.

Sincerely,

President
AAdvantageŽ Loyalty Program