FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Sydney, Australia
Old Jun 5, 2012, 8:13 pm
BKKLEE
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
legally speaking, IMO the actions of the Sydney Marriott is termed "anticapatory breach" of Contract for which you do have rights and a damage claim..........

poorly handled in an UNDER statement.............. I recall what Starwood did earlier this year when the Westin Auckland was forced to deflag and the way Marriott is handling this deflagging really is "low""

Originally Posted by cova
Discovered that my reservation at the Sydney Marriott was cancelled (before reading this thread). I received no notification at all.

I called reservations and they indicated that it was deflagged on May 30th - rather quickly. I asked if my rate could be converted to the CQ and after several calls by agent to supervisor etc - the answer was NO.

The CQ is as pointed out about $100 more. However the SM had been about the same rate more recently as the CQ - it is just that my rates were booked 11 months in advance when the cheaper rate was available.

Marriott would do nothing. Really bad on Marriott part not to call me or email me about this. Marriott would do nothing.

Marriott did call the hotel (now Pullman) and confirmed that I have the old reservation at the same rates at the Pullman.

However, as a Marriott Platinum - I would get no benefits at this Pullman hotel.

Poorly handled.