FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Sydney, Australia
Old Jun 5, 2012, 6:35 pm
cova

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
since you have a valid booking at the SYD Marriott, get them to pay the difference................. or, due to their unilateral deflagging they should be able to get you a same rate at CQ as you had before (BTW, before writing my previous I made a dummy booking and Marriott Circular Quay was AUD20 less then the Marriott)
Discovered that my reservation at the Sydney Marriott was cancelled (before reading this thread). I received no notification at all.

I called reservations and they indicated that it was deflagged on May 30th - rather quickly. I asked if my rate could be converted to the CQ and after several calls by agent to supervisor etc - the answer was NO.

The CQ is as pointed out about $100 more. However the SM had been about the same rate more recently as the CQ - it is just that my rates were booked 11 months in advance when the cheaper rate was available.

Marriott would do nothing. Really bad on Marriott part not to call me or email me about this. Marriott would do nothing.

Marriott did call the hotel (now Pullman) and confirmed that I have the old reservation at the same rates at the Pullman.

However, as a Marriott Platinum - I would get no benefits at this Pullman hotel.

Poorly handled.