FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® Visa Signature® Card Benefits
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:10 pm
Bluby

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Benefits valid for all travel, or just if card used?

Originally Posted by dallasmombat
I emailed Citibank, and they told me in three separate replies that you MUST pay for your flight with the Citibank Aadvantage credit card, and that if you do not, you will not get any of the travel benefits, including the first checked bag free. I am still hoping and wishing that the rep and his supervisor are incorrect. Do you have a name of a Citibank person who says otherwise? i'd like to reference that in my next email to them. Thanks for your infom
I also emailed them via their website and got back only useless replies (boilerplate, benefits brochures that don't include the new benefits at all, promises to send benefits brochures via snail mail).

I called citi Customer Service at 888-766-2484 (sorry, I didn't get her name, but she was in the U.S.) and spoke to someone who initially gave the very same answer, so I asked he "Suppose I booked a flight with frequent flier points 3 months out, so there is no fee to pay, and when I get to the airport I want to check a bag." She asked me to hold on and came back and said as long as your frequent flier number is on the reservation, you'll get the benefits. She thanked me for asking the question so that she would have to find out the answer.

Also, the author of this web page: http://thepointsguy.com/2012/04/new-...ill-out-there/ says the same thing in reply to a comment on the article.

Perhaps someone official from American Airlines could comment on this? They were monitoring this thread earlier.