FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Moving to Seattle, should I get an Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan card + Credit card?
Old Jun 5, 2012, 4:33 pm
Rock72

Programs: AA (850k miles), SPG Platinum
Moving to Seattle, should I get an Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan card + Credit card?

Hi Everyone,

I currently live in Southern California. I mostly fly AA (American) and for hotels stay at SPG properties. So for credit cards, I primarily use my SPG AMEX + Citibank AA (American).

However, I am moving to Seattle next month. I have never really traveled to Seattle much before and the few times I did travel up to Seattle, I just had them put my Alaska Airlines miles on my AA (American) account.

I don't travel much and probably will only travel from SEA to LAX or SF maybe 4-5 times/year. I don't think I will travel enough to qualify for MVP status, etc.

Should I continue to just fly Alaska but put my miles on American?

Or should I get an Alaska Airlines credit card and put all my Alaska flight miles into an actual Alaska Airlines mileage plan account? I am thinking of doing this also because of the annual companion pass and using that to fly out to Hawaii every year.

Anyone have any sage advice?