FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Six hour ride in Roomette, meal and other question
Old Jun 3, 2012, 12:03 pm
bruadair

I'm open to taking my two large bags into the Roomette with me but that brings up another question. I'll have my backpack (small school type) on my back, my two larger bags are rolling duffel bags that weigh 50 pound each. There's no way I can handle both at the same time.

Does the train stop long enough to throw one bag up onto the train and then the next? And when getting off in Dallas is there enough time to get both bags off? Or is the stop short where I would be rushed for time? I like the idea of keeping the bags with me as I'm leaving the following day out of Dallas for India, loosing a bag if it was checked would really not be good.

As I have a disability moving fast may be an issue, if there are porters to help with the bags what would be a reasonable tip? Though I suspect I should be able to handle the bags myself.

And one more question. I have my confirmation number and plan on going to the Kiosk at Austin (or agent if no kiosk is available) to get my ticket. Once I have my ticket how will I know which car to board and where to stand on the platform?

Sorry if they all seem like silly questions, I haven't been on Amtrak since I was a little boy.

thanks again.

Last edited by bruadair; Jun 3, 2012 at 12:05 pm Reason: adding another question