FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott to buy all Gaylord properties
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2012, 6:54 am
socrates
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by CJKatl
That is a good question. I checked Marriott Insiders. It hasn't been asked there, either, so I posted it. Maybe we'll get an official answer.

In terms of room feel, Gaylord falls in around the FS/Ren level. In terms of services, I'd say akin to resorts.

Like the existing resort properties, I wouldn't expect to see CLs in the hotels, which would be understandable given the sheer size of these hotels and the fact that most people at these hotels during the week are there for conferences that include meals and breaks. Plus there many dining options in the hotels already, including bakeries and coffee shops.

Unlike resorts, Gaylords are not individual destination properties, they are, for the most part, large meeting spaces selected by meeting planners. Still, I'd expect the benefits to be akin to FS resort properties.

One more thing: when it comes to room UGs, I've never had a bad room at one of these properties, but the best room would be one that doesn't require a map and a fifteen minute walk across the property to get to where your meeting takes place!
I would guess they would continue to be classified as Full Service Resorts (which is what they are considered today).....I do agree with you on the map/size of the property