FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott to buy all Gaylord properties
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2012, 5:35 am
CJKatl

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
... what benefits will we get?
That is a good question. I checked Marriott Insiders. It hasn't been asked there, either, so I posted it. Maybe we'll get an official answer.

In terms of room feel, Gaylord falls in around the FS/Ren level. In terms of services, I'd say akin to resorts.

Like the existing resort properties, I wouldn't expect to see CLs in the hotels, which would be understandable given the sheer size of these hotels and the fact that most people at these hotels during the week are there for conferences that include meals and breaks. Plus there many dining options in the hotels already, including bakeries and coffee shops.

Unlike resorts, Gaylords are not individual destination properties, they are, for the most part, large meeting spaces selected by meeting planners. Still, I'd expect the benefits to be akin to FS resort properties.

One more thing: when it comes to room UGs, I've never had a bad room at one of these properties, but the best room would be one that doesn't require a map and a fifteen minute walk across the property to get to where your meeting takes place!

Last edited by CJKatl; Jun 3, 2012 at 5:55 am