FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Getting spending up without the Mint
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2012, 9:56 am
zoonil

Originally Posted by brooklynmatt
Hi All,

I am looking for some options to get my spend up to 10K in 2 weeks... I applied for the Ink Bold and they froze my account for 10 weeks and made all sorts of insane errors (such as adding a complete stranger as the primary).

I have asked them for an extension to meet the minimum spend, but in the event that they refuse this I need to meet the spend of 10K by mid June.

I just put $550 to max out my AP for the month, then I can do another 1K next month.

I have no big expenses coming up, having just paid for international travel, large purchases etc.. so I am ideally looking for ideas to get through the remaining 8.5K.

I checked out the local Office Depot for the re-loadable Amex but they were sold out... so for Gift Card options I have 5K from Amex website with a rebate of 1.4%. ( I saw a 5K per transaction limit, so maybe I could run the whole 8.5K through here).

I'm looking for any ideas on meeting spend, that will achieve the following (in order):

1. Provide Liquidity to turn the purchase back to cash to pay the CC
2. Provide the best earnings potential per $ for the transaction -EG 5x and 5x points at Staples through UR with a $3.95 per $100 Visa card - not a bad rate, but I would be stuck with 85 x $100 cards that would be a pain to cash out (unless someone has an option here?)

I could pay the balance but wouldn't want to hold the transaction any more than 6 months before getting the cash back to my bank account, and I am wondering if GC churning might be the solution...

Any help appreciated.

Matt
Buy REFUNDABLE flight tickets for Far out dates (Jan 2013 e.g.).

After your Ultimate rewards points post, CANCEL the ticket and have it credited back!