FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - wheelchair in the closet
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2012, 2:26 am
LapLap
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BeatCal
DF
Since you admitted one error, I will respond to your second one.

You left out part of the rule:

My post was that it does not have to be the closet (and if you pre board, previously stowed luggage (on continuous flight) do not have to be removed.

I will accept your second apology.
I don't see where DeafFlyer made an error or admitted an error. And I can't really see a second one, certainly not one that merits any kind of apology.

In the original first post in this thread the FA makes sure to point out to Katja that not all flights have closets. As not all flights have closets the rules need to address this and mention these alternative stowage areas so that those who work in cabins without closets can also comply with the rules.
One would have to be very determined to not wish to comply with the spirit of these rules to apply a clause meant for a cabin without a closet to a cabin with a closet.

Being wrong or right surely is a moot point as it must be directly related to what X airline has decided is the designated 'priority storage area' for each of the craft in their fleet.

If you happen to be aware that in the aircraft you are using, unusually, the closet ISN'T the designated 'priority storage area defined in 382.67 here: http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text....1.4.64.5.24.4
Then you would be right.
But you don't seem to have ever established if that is indeed the case, just that there are sometimes, but not always, alternative storage areas to the aircrafts defined 'priority storage area'. Which is great, as surely this means more room for more chairs up top.

I can't imagine Katja or any other poster here starting a thread to tell us that an FA wouldn't store their chair in the closet but found an alternative area for it in the cabin.
If Katja had boarded and saw that another chair was already in the closet because the aircraft had already picked up pax at another airport I doubt this particular thread would have been started either.

The sorry thing is that anyone who tries to answer your questions and statements is forced into becoming anal and it is rather unkind to then point this out.

I feel richer for having read those responses and would like to thank the regular contributors here.

Last edited by LapLap; May 30, 2012 at 2:32 am