FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)
Old May 29, 2012, 9:47 pm
MS02113

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by SST
No Diamond recognition whatsoever.
I stayed at Trianon Palace a few weeks ago. Travelling with three others, I had reserved two classic garden view rooms in the pavilion building, and both were upgraded to park view rooms in the main building. I also received complimentary Wi-Fi access (for an unlimited number of devices), one complimentary glass of beer/wine/champagne per guest, a choice of free in-room movie or 10% spa discount, chocolates and bottled water in each room, and 1,000 bonus points.

Originally Posted by SST
I should add that despite us asking at check-in, in the end the breakfast (59 euros for two) was NOT included, but because the young man at the counter was asked and assured us that it was, we were able to get this adjusted. I was pretty sure that the hostess at breakfast had a room list and our number was NOT highlighted in green, and this alarmed me so I checked carefully.
My check-in agent offered an unsolicited reminder that Waldorf-Astoria properties do not provide complimentary breakfast to HHonors Diamond Elites, so I imagine they're asked frequently. It's unfortunate that you were misled at check-in, but I would have double checked with the hostess since I know breakfast is not a stated benefit.