FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old May 29, 2012, 7:04 pm
gregorygrady

One thing I find awfully amusing is that all the bloggers (including lucky) have completely overlooked the Chase Fairmont Visa that was just introduced earlier this month. 2 Free Nights for applying (with a minimal $1k spend in the first 3 months) at any Fairmont worldwide. I personally think this Fairmont CC is better than the Hyatt CC. But nary a peep from all the bloggers who don't fail to remind us 5x daily that the Chase Sapphire Preferred's signup bonus is dropping from 50k pts down to 40k pts. Or that the BA Visa 50/100k signup bonus is ending a week from now.

Frankly, it's pretty pathetic IMHO and speaks volumes as to how much these credit card referral kickbacks have begun to control the bloggers.

Mark my word, the second a Chase Fairmont affiliate link is released to the bloggers, they will all be blogging about it nonstop and praising it like it is the next best thing since sliced bread (or should I say next best thing since Chase Sapphire Preferred and/or Chase BA Visa). Pretty sad indeed. The funny thing is that many of these bloggers posted about it way back in early April when the card was first rumored. I think they were assuming there would be an affiliate referral kickback for them, but then when there wasn't they were all silent about it when the card was actually introduced early this month. LOL, pathetic..........or did I already say that.

The only blogger who actually wrote about it was TPG, and even his post wasn't for a couple weeks after the Chase Fairmont Visa was released, not to mentioned his analysis of the credit card & Fairmont program was riddled with errors.