FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very Disappointed in Hyatt Diamond status so far
Old May 29, 2012, 5:58 pm
jayer

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
If having to audit your stay credits and bonus points is a major frustration to you; then you really want to call it off with Hyatt right now. Some things just are. Posting issues at Hyatt are one of them. (On the other hand all it takes to fix is e-mail in a image of the folio. In my experience much easier to fix than any competitor I have a frequent guest account with).

If you will read the Kauai thread you will find the board reports they are generous to Diamonds with club and view room upgrades. (This has been my experience). Short of say a mammoth convention sucking up the view rooms, even as a newly minted Diamond it will probably happen for you. However, suite upgrades have never been easy to get. (I'm 1 for 5). People will pay for them, and (to channel my friend the manager at another property, availability for sale does not mean she is willing or required to give away her last few as upgrades).

Congratulations if you pull it off, but expecting to get a suite there with a certificate in high season and a short Diamond history may not be realistic. Like the rest of the Hawaii properties, Kauai has their super-regulars that go to the front of the comp line. (Even within Diamond there is a numerical score based on recent stays). If a successful vacation depends on a suite you might want to book it to assure it.

Oh, and HP's are a relative thing. (Meaning a few places I have relatives the HP is arguably the best place in town).

Last edited by jayer; May 29, 2012 at 6:15 pm