FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FTC investigating Drip Pricing - Mention Priceline and 'resort fees'
Old May 29, 2012, 11:28 am
wharvey
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
First, welcome to Flyertalk.

Unfortunately, that is not how the Priceline model works... you do not get to play... and only pay if you like what you get.

If the hotel had such a low rate, you should have booked it directly BEFORE trying out Priceline.

You have to do your homework... or else, what happenned to you is what happens. It is not their fault that there was a "cheaper" option at the hotel they got for you. That is the gamble when you use Priceline. Sounds like you did not do your homework... and overbid for the hotel category you wanted.

I would be shocked if you got a refund... but you might get lucky and they take pity on you. But, as another poster said, you had better calm down first before reaching out to them.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by dkeller2012
I made a reservation with Priceline on friday and within 2 minutes found that the actual hotel was cheaper and included breakfast! I immediately sent an email requesting a refund from PL. I have heard nothing from them. Priceline won't refund my money even though the hotel website is offering a lower fare with Breakfast. I wrote an email with no reply so far and spent 20 minutes on the phone with two people who did nothing. The hotel is offering a lower room price that includes breakfast and PL is charging 20% more. I want a full refund so I can rebook with the hotel direct. What a rip