FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Taste of Gold/Platinum" promotion and Platinum challenge [Merged threads]
Old May 29, 2012, 10:24 am
billycwhatup

Originally Posted by Hempstead
This year, 42 + 16 = 58 nights not at Marriot. 4 + on going 13 nights at Marriot. I would have qualified Platinum by this weekend if I had stayed at Marriot. I like the other hotel's proximity to work. But, now my colleagues are all staying at Marriot so I switched back to Marriot and thought I could do a Plat. Challenge to make up my indiscretion.

Only to find out that I am not eligible, because, I was told, that I participated in a Gold Challenge last year, that I never knew about!!! What???!!!

I was told by their CSR that last Sept. I was sent an email about Taste of Gold, and that was a Gold Challenge that I failed. I dug into my emails and indeed found the Taste of Gold email. It said nothing about "challenge."

I never knew about it, and thus never agreed to participate but I was put on it anyway. Now, I am not eligible to do another challenge. Although the CSR did offer to do a manual challenge for me, I declined because it tastes like BS! I did not stay even one night at Marriot last year after I involuntarily got put on the Taste of Gold thing. So, not only I did not get a taste of gold, all I got is a mouth full of BS.

I called up Marriot's customer service and griped about it and got exactly the same response as the previous CSR. You wronged me, and still no sweets? That is some hospitality business!

Guess which hotel I am going stay at after I check out this weekend?
Sounds like a sophisticated conspiracy to keep you out of Marriotts until the agent did the unthinkable - actually made it right. You certainly have every right to be pissed about such an atrocity.