FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old May 28, 2012, 5:30 pm
freeloader

Programs: SPG Plt, HHonors Gold, UA Gold, PC Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mnscout
How so? Is that your own perception or an established fact? Ask yourself 2 questions: can I get reasonable redemption of SPG stays with Barclays US Air card and can I get reasonable redemption on US Air (along with how many other airlines) with Amex SPG sign up bonus? If your answer is "no" to the first question and "yes" to the second, then which card is more versatile and "superior"? Not to belittle the US Air card - I personally have two, but SPG card is great.
established fact... the fact that USAirways miles can't be used for SPG stays is entirely irrelevant. my point of contention is which is better for USAirways redemptions - which was the point of the post. to quote lucky -

"Best credit card(s) for earning US Airways Dividend miles: Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Personal Card and Starwood Preferred Guest American Express Business Card"

THAT'S what i'm disagreeing with. sure the SPG card is better overall... but not for USAirways miles. even if you spend up to $25k a year on credit (which for most people is a lot) - and all you want is USAirways miles (which was the point of the recommendation) - the barclays card is superior - you'll have more miles - and a discount if you redeem them on USAirways; plus other benefits (included 10k at the cards anniversary). not to mention the USAirways card is churnable, multiple times, even w/ open accounts (i cant personally attest).

if you want to argue which card is more verstile, i'd agree, SPG all the way. but if the question is which ONE card is best for USAirways miles for 95% of all consumers, its undoubatably the barclays offering (which likely doesn't offer a referral bonus for bloggers)