FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the most useful frequent flyer blog?
Old May 28, 2012, 5:10 pm
mnscout

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by freeloader
FM, don't mean to truncate your post, or take you out of context bc I love your work... And for that matter, lucky too... Love your blog.

My feeling is that for the VAST majority of ppl, sign up bonuses are far more imp then spend. Most ppl can't spend tens of thousands of dollars to get miles. The thing is tho, even spending $10k a year (a lot for most given how they rotate cards(, the usairways card is far superior to the spg card...
How so? Is that your own perception or an established fact? Ask yourself 2 questions: can I get reasonable redemption of SPG stays with Barclays US Air card and can I get reasonable redemption on US Air (along with how many other airlines) with Amex SPG sign up bonus? If your answer is "no" to the first question and "yes" to the second, then which card is more versatile and "superior"? Not to belittle the US Air card - I personally have two, but SPG card is great.