FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Radisson San Jose (CA) or Country Inn Sunnyvale?
Old May 28, 2012, 3:37 pm
maximizer

Country Inn Sunnyvale - Review

We just stayed at Country Inn Sunnyvale.

It is a good value, especially with Cash & Points. We stayed in a Junior Suite with two small kids and paid $71 incl tax + 5000 points (it is going up to 10,000 points June 1). Without points the rate was $109 plus tax.

The free breakfast was very decent: scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereals, waffles, fruit, bagels, english muffins. Hot water for tea was actually hot.

The heated pool was decent size. We went twice and no one was there both times, although we were unlucky with weather, it was sunny but only about 70F and a bit of wind. I can definitely see spending more time there when the weather is warmer.

BUT the pool doesn't have big steps, only the thin type stairs. The most shallow point is 3 feet. So if you have very small children you pretty much have to be in the water with them, can't just watch them.

The room was clean and good size, plenty of drawers for storage, there is a real door between the living room and the bedroom. The kids slept in the sofa bed and it was fine.

But the bathroom, although clean, needs some updating. You can see paint and calk chipping off all over, and rust showing.

The bathroom sink was low, great for kids but I suppose could be uncomfortable for tall adults (we aren't).

I am Silver but didn't ask about an upgrade. We were put far from the elevator in a corner, which was probably better to reduce the noise - maybe this was our upgrade? There was still some noise from the hallway, the walls are thin.

Overall we were satisfied and actually planning to come back before June 15 to take advantage of the big promo using another account. This is far from a high-end property but decent and could be a great value, especially if you take advantage of the free breakfast.