FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Creepy Starwood Stalkers-Edina MN Westin
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2012, 7:33 am
redreeper

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
Back in the 60's/70's when my parents would travel on vacations the hotels would just come out and ask them if they were married. One hotel in Miami even asked them if they had any negroes in their trunk (they were hippies from NJ, it was during the '68 Rep. convention if I remember my family lore correctly).

So, while it would be nice to think that personal information gathering would always be for such lovely reasons as to "personalize" the hotel experience with some sort of special ammenity I can see where this can also go terribly wrong. People are people, with prejudice and sometimes convictions that might not match our own. I think what people do for a living, what charities they support, what their hobbies and interests are as well as their marital status are of no concern during a hotel visit. I wouldn't be impressed by a photo of me from Facebook in a frame when I get to my room - I know what I look like. Make sure there is no mold in the caulk around the tub and have my towels smelling like lavender and leave a clip for me to close the drapes with, especially when I'm on a ground floor, and now I'm impressed.. and trust me, none of that info is on LinkedIn or Facebook.