FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Creepy Starwood Stalkers-Edina MN Westin
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2012, 3:07 am
chasingthedream

Programs: spg platinum, hyatt diamond, Intercontinental Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold
This definitely borders upon abuse of social media for commercial profit/unfair transaction advantage.

I cannot help but make a judgement that for a hotel to make calls in advance on rate and pricing issues demonstrates that the hotel were trying to see if they can gouge extra cash from customers.

For one, in order to get a corporate rate, one needs to know certain details and the booking details which are not in publicised.
Secondly, the complainant has a point when they point out that a hotel deliberately makes calls in advance to advise on carding someone. Its mildly threatening.
thirdly, the hotel makes a point of checking personal details of customers.

fourthly, the hotel openly admits it does such a thing and informs the customer after the fact and advises its intention which are questionable.

Pointing out defensive mechanisms does not negate the actions of the hotel which has a higher burden of responsibility in ensuring it does not act unethically or possibly illegal.

In a few jurisdictions, such actions taken by an individual has been prosecuted under criminal law.

If the complainant has the contact details of the people he/she spoke to and kept all records, i would advise against releasing any details.

I would be waiting to see if any statements from the relevant corporate entities are released.