FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Jordan - 48 hours
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2012, 2:34 am
VivoPerLei

Originally Posted by pinniped
Great...please post a trip report when you get back...I'd love to read about it.

Most of the Petra recommendations here discuss early morning - staying in Petra and being among the first to visit it at sunrise. But an evening/night tour could be interesting too...
Well, I returned from my trip. I'm not going to post an entire trip report, other than to say, without going into a lot of detail, that I would most definitely not recommend Petra Nights Tours/Day Tours to anyone else. If I was going again I would do what others have done - make arrangements through the concierge at my hotel. The Petra visitor center offers guided tours throughout the day, and I notice that those guides were way more passionate and energetic than my ancient guide who griped the whole time about how tedious it was for him. Lessons learned, I guess.

Petra was great but it was hot - three or four hours in the midday sun was enough for me. Definitely recommend starting way earlier in the day. By the time I got to the Monastery there was no way I was going to be able to climb up there. It was broiling and at the far end of the site.