FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Creepy Starwood Stalkers-Edina MN Westin
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2012, 9:37 pm
MilesTalk
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by DCBob
+1. The OP is obviously not too savvy about privacy settings if she is SO concerned about protecting her private life but then makes her LinkedIn profile public for all to see. All she had to do was change the LinkedIn privacy setting to "Make my public profile visible to no one," but she obviously didn't do that. I have nothing to hide from anybody, but I make my FB and LinkedIn profiles private so that uninvited strangers don't snoop.
So how do potential business connections find you? (Since that is the point of LinkedIn and a private profile mostly defeats that purpose.)

And how does the OP thinking that it's creepy that a hotel is doing recon work on her equate to her being SO concerned about protecting her private life?

I'm with the OP. I suppose a hotel is free to look me up, but that doesn't mean it's appropriate. Doesn't mean I'm going to hamper my professional career to make sure they can't though.

They just aren't equal thoughts.