FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - St. Regis Doha [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2012, 12:12 pm
Condition One

Programs: Free Agent
A new, but solid property in Doha located next to the Intercontinental hotel. Expansive lobby with lots of marble. Not exactly central, but taxis are cheap. That being said, if you need one, you’ll need to book one via the concierge, as taxis don’t wait outside the hotel. The wait for a taxi to show up can be up to 30 minutes! The hotel has their own cars, but I didn’t inquire how much one would cost.

Anyway, I was upgraded to a Caroline Astor Suite, which was very spacious and nicely decorated. I ordered a beef tenderloin sandwich via room service when I arrived. The presentation was nice, but unfortunately, the beef was so tough that it bordered on inedible. When the butler came to take away the tray, he asked me how the meal was, and when I told him, it really had no effect other than a perfunctory “sorry”. Room service said that they weren’t allowed to serve tap water, so you might want to stick to the bottled water in your room.

Plats can get choose to receive a continental breakfast as their amenity. It’s quite comprehensive and set up as a buffet. However, you can’t upgrade to a full breakfast, because all their hot items are a la carte. On the plus side, if you order something off the menu, you do get access to the continental breakfast buffet – I ordered eggs benedict and the total came out to QAR150.

The gym is extremely large, but due to confusing signage that pointed you towards the Spa, I passed the gym and ended up in the Remede Spa, which was unstaffed. After wandering around the Spa, I had to call and ask somebody to show me where the gym was. WiFi is extremely fast. Staff is fantastic and are all ready to help you with anything that’s needed.

There is still minor construction going on, but it all appears to be outside the hotel. I wasn’t inconvenienced in any way. All in all, I’d definitely stay here again.