FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - first time posting-have questions about airline consolidators
Old May 27, 2012, 8:39 am
hawaiian4

Programs: HA PUALANI GOLD
Originally Posted by cyl90089
hello all, this is my first time posting here. I am looking to travel to Hong kong this summer, and i got a deal from an "airline consolidator." (i got his contact on Craglist because he posted there) I wonder whether it is a safe transaction? I have talked twice with him, and apparently the way it works would be he would send me a confirmation code from UNITED, then i would call united to confirm my seat, and then i will wire the money to him via paypal.

Is it legit since i can wire the fee with paypal instead of with Western union, and we have talked twice?
iwould not go with some on craglist. you never no it might be a scam if th price is to good. why not check airlines web sites most have package deals then something go's wrong you have will have a better change to get it fixed than some one on craglist.
if you do go with craglist make sure you have tickets in hand and in your name before sending any money.