FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Creepy Starwood Stalkers-Edina MN Westin
View Single Post
Old May 27, 2012, 5:00 am
m0hamed

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Wealth screening is mining your database for wealthy individuals (including those who give via trusts and foundations). It isn't necessarily swapping lists, and any NGO seeking major gifts wouldn't share the data they have obtained.

My point on NGOs and companies including financial institutions and *wood and Hyatt actively research their most frequent guests or high net worth clients/customers, regardless of nationality. Any relationship manager working for high net worth individuals would conduct such research, and consultancy firms exist with the sole purpose of providing several page profiles of individuals.

I know the GM of a property I frequent the most had conducted some research as he casually started discussing the most recent production an Opera company I make gifts to. I had never mentioned my association with them in the past.

As for the photos, the W hotel in Bali puts twitter and/or Facebook photos in a photo frame in your hotel room when you check in. See this fellow FT'ers post http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/16098755-post15.html

We arrived at our villa and found my Facebook profile picture in a nice little photo frame along with a personal note from one of the W Insiders! I thought this was totally trippy! I’d liked their Facebook page to keep tabs on the property and posted on it a few times, and they must have put 2 and 2 together. These Insiders really live up to their job title. Our welcome amenity was a mad DIY cocktail set which we thought was pretty cool.