FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)
Old May 27, 2012, 1:01 am
SST

Well, a great hotel on the surface. In the end, it didn't meet our minimums.

Good: location, and the ability to walk among the trails of Versailles to the ends of the earth. We put in 10 mi. Versailles-town was a nice, easy walk and dinner was adequate there. Had the steak for two at Boeuf-a-la-mode, a nice bistro on the square.

Bad: No adequate Air Conditioning in our annex room. Really bad: never could get it below 24 degrees C. This is unacceptable in this class of hotel. Poor service in the bar: whether they were overwhelmed or not, it seemed that there were a lot of personnel, but no one had responsibility for topping up drinks, or bringing checks. No Diamond recognition whatsoever.

I should add that despite us asking at check-in, in the end the breakfast (59 euros for two) was NOT included, but because the young man at the counter was asked and assured us that it was, we were able to get this adjusted. I was pretty sure that the hostess at breakfast had a room list and our number was NOT highlighted in green, and this alarmed me so I checked carefully. Be very careful on this; there is NO WAY the buffet is worth what they are charging. Overcooked omelettes, good cheese selection on the buffet but no interesting charcuterie, the same Hilton spread on fruits. It was necessary to chase down staff in order to both order coffee, and/or get a refill. When we ate outside on a crowded morning, there was NO service to the outside area even though the whole dining area was full.

Last edited by SST; May 29, 2012 at 7:43 pm Reason: Addl information added