FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Creepy Starwood Stalkers-Edina MN Westin
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2012, 10:08 pm
cruiser9999

Originally Posted by 1Kwoman
Agreed. That is exactly the argument I used with Andrew who called me from "customer service desk in Ontario." He offered no apology and really seemed to support the position of the GM and hotel. He did say he saw both sides "now that he had spoken to me" because I shared some viewpoints the hotel GM did not. I am not satisfied with the response. I would have appreciated an "I'm sorry" but I'm not going to ask for that. I did tell him I had posted on FT and encouraged him to follow the thread, which he thought he would to gain a sightline into the way guests felt about the issue. So Andrew, when a Platinum guest who has stayed 461 nights in Starwood hotels since 1999---more than a year and a half of her life--tells you that she is offended, it might be a good idea to at least offer an apology. Doesn't mean you have to agree with me. It might buy you a lifetime customer or it might piss me off enough to move my business to Marriott and bring more than a few FTers with me.
1KW
And if its as male guest with only a few nights stay then no apology is needed? Both are absurd! I would suggest that instead of spending 461 nights on the road and posting personal information (which will now exist forever in cyberspace, regardless of changes made to the information), this person take one night off work and instead take a course as to how the internet operates and what it means to post personal information there. Knowing how cyberspace operates is not rocket science .... there have been warnings about personal postings for years and years. Starwood admits how it uses the internet ... what about all those companies and individuals that are also googling you but you are not aware of?