FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alexandre de Juniac unveils the main axes of the transformation of AF [merged]
Old May 26, 2012, 11:09 am
orbitmic
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by brunos
I am happy to hear that you feel that it is feasible at AF.
My worry is not that it is unfeasible but that it will be hard to implement within AF culture.
And I am not convinced that it is not a major redesign of AF booking engine and therefore will require significant planning, redesign and testing before it gets operational. For example, to achieve what AC is doing on its domestic booking webpage will be quite difficult.
If you mean that AF will (effectively) poorly implement it, with plenty of bugs, last minute seat changes and problems of the type "I bought eco minus without luggage and to not pay anything let me take my two cabin size suitcases with me and let they try to stop me and waste plenty of time if they dare" then I'm 100% with you. AF is remarkably gifted when it comes to transform apparently good ideas into computer Halloween night scenarii and the French remain some of the most offensively undisciplined and devoid of basic civic sense nations I can think of (granted, I may have spent too much time in the UK which makes the contrast look particularly unpleasant). But as NickB mentions, they barely need to poach someone else's model and find half decent computer people to put together a similar model. They will not do it well but I don't think it will be any worse than it currently is when the 'booking engine is down' every other time I try to book something on the af website, when auto-check in always manages to create mutant seat maps that seem to come straight out of some horror movie and when flight miles from partner airlines do not post at least 10% of the time (and I might be generous). In short, my guess is that it will be 'business as usual'