FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Alexandre de Juniac unveils the main axes of the transformation of AF [merged]
Old May 26, 2012, 8:52 am
Richelieu

Programs: FB Silver, BA Silver, BD Gold rememberer, IHG Diamond Royal Ambassador, Hilton and Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I don't know where you got the idea of unassigned seating for this purported "economy minus" - but surely not even Air France would be mad enough to, as you suggest, send out planes with a mix of pax having assigned seating and pax having unassigned seating.
In the article I quoted somewhere upthread. But it was in English, and the French newspaper rather mention a (more believable) absence of seat choice, not assignment:

Les clients devront voir la différence avec une offre commerciale repensée: en classe éco, les passagers choisiront entre une offre tout compris, ou une offre moins chère, mais sans bagage et sans choix du siège.
Air France's systems are designed for assigned seating - it would thus be difficult to to NOT assign seats - and I'm guessing IMPOSSIBLE to assign some seats and not assign others on a single plane.
They could be assigned at the last minute (check-in?) without possibility of changing it.