FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel {FRA} (France)
Old May 25, 2012, 12:15 pm
SST

Well, no love for this Diamond, again. This place is nowhere near fully-booked, as I just looked at Hilton's reservation website and not only is every category of room available, junior suites included, for purchase, but it just seems pretty vacant. However, at 8pm, the desk clerk wouldn't give us any sort of upgrade, period.

I am just finishing six Hilton properties in a row, 10 year Diamond Member, all across Scotland, England and now here in France, without so much as a view of a suite, all in hotels that looked like they were available. What on earth has happened?

This place seems nice, but the push to get me to book at Alain Ducasse before we had even discussed our room upgrade, nada, and the 11 Euro ride here from the train station (what??? less than 5 minutes!) are wholly disheartening.

I guess I'll ask the day manager tomorrow why we couldn't get any sort of upgrade, single, double, quadruple or whatever. I guess we'll walk into town for food---. Would love to have great things to say, as I've been looking forward to staying here for years, let's see if I post again.

Last edited by SST; May 25, 2012 at 12:20 pm