FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What did you spend (revenue) on another airline that UA would have normally received?
Old May 24, 2012, 11:25 am
jsmirand

Talking moving to other airlines

Originally Posted by bubbashow
Send your receipts to UA. Posts like this show no practical purpose. You could all be mal-adjusted 400 lb high schoolers creatively writing in your parents basement.

NO lurker would take anything posted here seriously because there is no way to verify it.

I could post I took $18000 from an F class ticket to SYD and gave it to QF. I didn't. I could post it.

Nonsense.
There is a purpose, and its not for UA's benefit... For those that dislike what UA has become and voted with their dollars, there is satisfaction in sharing that with others, so the purpose is to satisfy our base instincts. Besides, with the current management crew, they wouldn't give a rats *ss even if you did mail them ticket receipts.

In my case my wife and I were both Silver, moved elsewhere once E+ got yanked prior to T-24 - yanked last fall, as was at the time justified within FT, because Smisek was motivated to protect E+ seating for his very best 1k/GS elite customers!

Ok, to satisfy my base instinct, trips that were always on UA previously since Fall 2011 purchased elsewhere:

4 round trip F tickets on HA to Hawaii - $7 total
4 tickets AZ to FL, 5 segments in purchased F, 3 in Coach on US - ~3k
3 tickets AZ to SFO - US $900
2 tickets AZ to GA - US $900

So approaching $12k in six months, but as a former 2P, who's counting?