FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - VN credit card at check in?
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2012, 7:45 am
FLLDL

Originally Posted by smith80678
Hello, although they have this rule they dont call it into play, unless you change the flight or ask for a refund. I flew vietnam airlines from saigon to nha trang and they did not ask for the card. I also bought flights for two friends on my card and they were able to fly. Bringing your bank statement showing the purchase will work if they
push it.
Hope this helps.
On every single flight I've ever booked on VN directly (through their website) I've been asked for the credit card at check-in. Sample size in the dozens, about 50/50 domestic Vietnam / International flights, for what its worth and maybe 75 / 25 biz vs economy.

On one occasion I did not have the card with me at HAN and was forced to go back to a ticketing desk and buy new tickets and then later submit a refund request online for the cancelled tickets. Refund was received within 2 weeks.

When I have encountered this policy on other Asian airlines and I did not have the card in question I have always been able to talk my way onto the flight with little issue. Usually apologizing profusely, offering to sign a form attesting to my liability for tix, or some other face saving measure will do the trick but the VN agent and supervisor held their ground.

In your case, as a precaution I would try to bring some documentation - a CC statement showing the old card# or something of the sort and just plan on arriving at the airport a little early to get things sorted out if need be.