FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated: Type B (VDB) Vouchers Questions [Merged Threads - 2009 and Onward]
Old May 24, 2012, 7:42 am
weirdlyndon

Programs: AA EXP, UA Platinum, Alaksa MVP 75K, Air Berlin Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by busterbaxter
I was trying to reserve a ticket using a type b voucher today. Called in and was told that I couldn't ticket in local airport anymore. Has to mail in voucher to complete the reservation.

However, my voucher will expire on 5/26/2012 (a few days from today). The agent says as long as I make the reservation over the phone before then, even if they will receive the voucher back after 5/26, I will be alright. Is this the case?

Also, they say I will receive electronic voucher back (as residue value). I think it will be in the form of a paper voucher?

Sorry for these questions, as I've never done the mail-back route before (usually call and then ticket in airport - so always got residue back on paper).

Thanks!
Gauging from reports here on how long it's taken to ticket by mail, I just wouldn't trust it. If you have the ability, make the trek to your local airport and try and do it in person there, after putting the reservation on hold via united.com. A good agent either knows how to do it, or would be willing to call the help desk and have those guys walk them through it. I've successfully ticketed in person at LGA, JFK and the NY Penn Station Ticket office post 3/3. Doesn't hurt to try