FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question: Status...Prestige
Thread: Question: Status...Prestige
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2012, 5:35 pm
yvr76

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by travellingtrainer
Anyone know if there is anyway to roll into Prestige? I have 26 segements this year and basically flying every week with Star Alliance and I called AC to see if there is anything they can do to help and they redirected me through to Aeroplan who said there is nothing they can do but send me 4 passes to the ML lounge. Sure I liked the offer but man I"m flying every week and they can't do more? What do other airline or companies do?
The MLL passes are actually a decent gesture considering that there is no officially early recognition. What AC should do in these cases is change your status but not offer any select privileges. That way you at least get priority services and *Silver.

Nothing you can do but wait for 50 segments or 35,000 miles at this point I'm afraid. Recognition will kick in usually within 24 hours of you crossing that threshold.

When it does, wait a couple days for Aeroplan and AC's systems to sync up, and then remove and add your Aeroplan number from any reservations you made before so that you're recognized as Elite.