FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Oh Wise CardFolk, Your Advice?
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2012, 12:40 am
mnscout

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura
Long story short: I have a Chase UA card that the spouse and I have been using to bank extra UA miles. We've been very pleased with Chase's service (they handled a card skimming episode extremely well).

However, I'm not flying UA anymore thanks to the merger mess. So continuing to bank UA miles is not something we want to keep doing.

As we're pretty happy with Chase as a card provider, switching Chase cards is an obvious option. Another one is switching to AmEx. I'm not particularly interested in picking up an Citi AA card; I used to have a Citi card and was not all that impressed with their service.

My question: Are there options I'm overlooking or am I right that I should focus on the Chase vs AmEx options?
What do you have in mind? Are you primarily interested in spend accumulations or sign-up bonuses? Also, quite honestly, I don't understand why it has to be Chase or Amex? Why not both and then some?