FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Rabbit Card: BTS and MRT
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2012, 5:41 am
transpac
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yappofloyd
Note sure about that suggestion as I have topped up my store value card twice since 1 May and not been asked to get a Rabbit (so to speak). I may have read that only those with expired stored value cards will obviously have to get a Rabbit which of course makes sense. My 5 yr expiry date on my current card is up in Nov so that seems to me to be the appropriate time unless the MRT platform becomes Rabbit friendly before then in which case I'll switch over earlier.
Could be, I had to replace two (2) BTS stored value cards in the past few weeks, but I guess those could have reached the five year expiration date as I have had them for a while. Actually I think they were closer to seven years old?

Anyway, I didn't mind moving over to the Rabbit card. (I keep a few spares for visitors - I hate waiting for them to queue for change, and purchase a ticket - so now have four Rabbit cards, two BTS cards and three MRT cards!)

Given that the issuing fee will go up to 150 baht as of 1/1/13 some may find it better to replace their stored value BTS card before then?

I hope the MRT gets integrated sooner rather than later. I liken this to MNP (Mobile Number Portability) which many thought would never get implemented, but it did, so I am hopeful.